I have received all the "creds" - Parking Pass, Badge and Keys.
(Names of People and Locations will be changed to protect the innocent... haha)
The desks are arranged with basic supplies available. This will hopefully cut down on the excuse for not doing work... "Miss, I don't have a pen." And on the back wall to the right are 3 calendars... this is where I will write assignments for students who miss. (I'll have basically 3 different types of classes, 2 of each - making 6 total classes)
This will cut down on 1) traffic to me and my desk and 2) the question "did we do anything yesterday" or "did I miss anything". They can just go look.
The center island is all black now. The chalkboards are still green. I'm going to try to get Maintenance to instill one more White board for me, and that top corner above the cabinet I think I will turn into a type of bulletin board. Maybe get some cheesey inspirational poster... or not.
But you might be asking yourself, "why is this post titled 'Is it a Touch Lamp?'?" I'll tell you.
While I was cleaning out a rats nest left behind by the previous teacher, I found this lamp. I studied it for a good ten minutes: "how does it work?" I thought to myself as I looked for a switch on the head, the chord, the inside, the underneath, everywhere. I started to put it in the trash saying to Jeff - "this lamp has no on switch, that's stupid." To which he brilliantly (no pun intended) says, "Is it a Touch Lamp?"
Sure enough. I never thought to plug it in and try that. DUH!
You've done so much in there! I'm so excited for you. I know you will be a great teacher.
ReplyDelete