Friday, August 6, 2010

Getting My Class Ready

So I'm working on getting my class ready: E102. When I came in I thought, good grief, no one has showed this room love since 1987, how can kids learn in this environment?! But, I'm trying not to spend too much money in the process. This is the back wall...














Robyn had a great idea to add a blackboard to it, so with some paint, trim and an awesome husband...













This was the front area... yes, that is faux marble adhesive. gross. 













I peeled the sticky marble off the pole and under the TV and off the teaching island to the left of the photo and painted all three black. Jeff suggested adding chalkboard paint to the wood under the TV so I can write the date and other messages. Cute idea. Way to go Babe. 














And the desks... in almost every class room they look like this.













But I rearranged them with Robyn's help... we are going to try this. Supposedly with good classroom management, group and partner learning is the best. We'll see about the class management.













Still a lot to do. Gotta get the green paint off the glass on one of the walls. Not sure who thought that would be a good idea??? and there's still lots of things to go through, rearrange, take down, put up, etc. But we'll get there. Class starts August 23rd!



2 comments:

  1. You are a great teacher already! I can't wait to see your room when you are totally done. Those kids are going to LOVE having you for Biology....I know I would have loved taking your class. ;)

    ~ Amy Drake

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you allow guests in class? I would, like amy & many others, LOVE to have you as my teacher!

    ReplyDelete