Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Full Moon

One of my students keeps me rolling with laughter...He shouted out Cornbread when the answer was "lack of oxygen", he said "I'm a straight sapiens" in response to finding out the human genus/species is Homo Sapiens, and he recently told me that his Gra'ma gave him a whoopin' and when I asked what he did wrong he said, "nothin' miss, but when a black person say they gon give you a whoopin', it could be a year later and you still gon get that whoopin."

This is Dalls. He's great.

He's also about 6'4 and about 250-280 lbs. He towers over me, gives me huge hugs and smothers me, and always teases me. Example:
Me: "DNA stands for Deoxyribonucleic..."
Dalls interrupting: "Spell Deoxyribo" (this is a command/challenge - insinuating i can't)
Me: "There are 4 nitrogen bases in..."
Dalls interruping: "Spell Nitrogen"
later
Dalls to another student: "ooh, I'm gonna see Harry Potter on Friday..."
Me interrupting in an effort to get him back: "Spell Harry Potter"
Dalls quickly replied: "y-o-u-r space m-a-m-a"

I had to think about it, then laughed out loud.

So why the title? Right before Thanksgiving, I gave a test. All my students were working quietly when Dalls got up to sharpen his pencil. On his way back to his desk he dropped the aforementioned pencil and bent over to pick it up. Unfortunately...I saw too too much of Dalls posterier. We're not talking a little crack, we're talking all crack.

I immediately said "Dalls!" and he snaps up and said "What?!" then apparently felt the draft and said, "Oh, sorry." then he kinda half-grinned/half-giggled and walked back to his desk. Well by now all the other students were like "what? what happened? what??" and I wasn't going to say a word to protect Dalls from embarrassment. But he came right out with it and said:

"I just mooned my teachuh."

The whole class busted out laughing including me. He's a spot of humor during my crazy 5th period that I have every day.

2 comments:

  1. ohh my gosh i just now read this and was definitely laughing out loud at parts. partly because I can imagine you telling this story. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can TOTALLY see you not only telling this story but getting up out of your chair to set the entire scene, spacing, props etc... along with facial expressions and of course, dialect. love it.

    miss your stories!

    ReplyDelete